Just a short walk?

It all started in my living room, in front of my computer, planing my next hiking trip. So while going over some maps, looking at some different hiking routes, one question came to my mind: Isn't there a river, the Brixentaler Ache, next to my home? And how does it look over there? So the goal for my next, short trip, was set. So on the next day with free time and nice weather I pulled on my hiking shoes and went out to look whats over there.

The first scenic view

At the beginning it was nice to walk, just a flat broad way, no need to look were to but your feet next, no danger of falling down a steep hillside, just walking and letting your thoughts fly. Pretty relaxing, so it got me, I found my rhythm and headed on. The first thing that fell into my eyes and stopped my feet was the bridge on the picture above. Nice to look at.


For the most time the way looked like that

So I walked on, passing through a small town called Bruckhäusl. A place filled with warehouses and a few apartment buildings. Nothing too special at all, just my planed turning point. But somehow it wasn't enough. Not far enough from home. Maybe. My legs didn't hurt. Not a real problem. The question whats lying behind, definitely.
So I headed on: New goal, Hopfgarten im Brixental, the next bigger village. So I passed by some farmhouses (no picture, having a camera doesn't mean that you use it), enjoyed a view at the Schloss Itter (again, no picture of it, why should I?) and passing through a not very broad valley (who needs a photography to describe, just two busy streets, a railroad track and a river somewhere in between) I came near my new goal.


View near my goal, Hopfgarten im Brixentale

So I made it, save and sound in wandered from Wörgl to Hopfgarten, just a walk of ten kilometers. Totally unplanned. So it was time to head back. Walking on my feet, not in the mood for it anymore. So  I decided to take the next train. 

Waiting for a train with a camera in my hand

So after boarding the train back to Wörgl, a new idea came to my mind: Get out at the next stop Bruckhäusl and walk the way back to where I came from, but this time on the other side of the river. Okay, sounded plausible. So out in the open, back on my feet, just five or six more kilometers to go. 

The wildest part of the river, at that I have seen

And it was relaxing, for the most parts. I took some pictures, listened to some music (don't ask me what, I think a mixture between prog-rock and post black metal) and still just let my thoughts fly to somewhere else. Then, it became hotter and hotter, it was past midday without any shadows around. A cooling jump into the river came into my head, but that's not a god idea in mid April. No matter how hot it might be. So I headed on, drank my last gulp of water and took one last picture.

Near the end, something you can call a view
In the end, as always, a short conclusion: Walking along the Brixentaler Ache from Wörgl to Bruckhäusl is a nice Sunday Afternoon Walk for you and your whole family. Heading on towards Hopfgarten im Brixental, doable but not very advice able: Just concrete roads, not very spectacular at all. For me personally, one white point less on my map.
In the end, one last thing: Feel free to comment, share and like, if the article was or is it worth for you. If you are interested in more content like the above, follow me on Facebook, Twitter or subscribe via E-Mail. Links are in the panel on the left. Thanks.